Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cheeseburger at Jeffrey's Burgers, Menlo Park, CA

As a carnivore, a meat craving can occur anytime, anywhere. These cravings often come unannounced and sometimes in the most inopportune times, like at 8AM in the morning on a Sunday when everything is closed or when the only thing available is breakfast, or while sitting in a busy meeting at work. Luckily for me, my latest craving happened on a weekday at work-  It was 10AM, lunch-time was nearing, my stomach was grumbling- I needed to act...so I sent a quick email to some coworkers and assembled a posse in search of a nearby burger joint. Since we were on the clock I did a local Yelp search which brought us to Jefferey's Hamburgers in Menlo Park.

Jeffrey's Hamburgers
Jeffrey's burgers are USDA choice Angus beef- ground fresh daily- made to order and flat-top grilled to perfection- ask for medium-rare and you get it that way. Service is also friendly and efficient with at least 3 register areas waiting to take your order when you arrive. Choose from a fairly extensive menu that consists of sandwiches, fish and chips, hot dogs- what look to be some good salads (especially Jefferey's signature salad), burgers and made to order milkshakes.

The Cheeseburger at Jeffrey's
I ordered a cheeseburger ($5.59) medium rare. Burgers are delivered "naked" to your table (unless you order a specialty burger like the pineapple teriyaki) where you proceed to the condiment bar to dress them up as you like- I added mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, pickles and relish. The bun was toasted nicely and was fresh. I was impressed by the thickness of the American cheese on the burger- it seemed to be nearly double what I'm used to. It had great melt and held the semi-crumbly beef patty nicely after each bite. The burger was cooked perfectly medium-rare- as ordered, and extremely juicy. Good seasoning, nice outer crunch on the patty with moist juicy inside. Although the burger was excellent, I kinda wish that Jeffrey's offered some sort of burger sauce. I really think that would take their burgers to the next level, however, the mayo mustard and ketchup do a fine job and still made this a burger that I will be coming back for.- Jeffrey's makes great quality made to order burgers and has enough on the menu to please kids, vegetarians and carnivores alike. If you are every nearby, I'd recommend that you drop in and give it a try.

Aburgeraday rating- 7/10

Jeffrey's Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

1 comment: