Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Jeros Bacon Cheeseburger at Cornucopia, Eugene, OR

Cornucopia has been given the title of the making the best burger in Eugene. And in a mostly college town, where pizza slices, sandwiches and quick cheap bites are aplenty, that's a pretty serious title to hold where there's a lot of competition for the fast food dollar. However, Cornucopia isn't a fast food eatery, it's a roadhouse bar and grill that serves well drinks, has a large selection of local and craft brewed beers and great food.

Cornucopia. Eugene, OR.
Cornucopia takes pride in it's ingredients sourcing a lot of local ingredients in the menu items including the burgers which are made with all natural certified Angus beef- farm to table, hormone and antibiotic free.

I went for the Jeros Bacon cheeseburger ($12.50) a 1/2 lb char-grilled beef patty topped with bacon, choice of cheese (I chose American), lettuce, tomato, onion and mayo. The burger looked impressive when it came to the table- stacked tall bulging at the seams and all held together with a steak knife that had skewered it together from the top. I took my first bite in anticipation...this was voted the best burger in Eugene after all...and.......blah! It was dry, I mean well done, overcooked, dry. I gotta give it some credit though- the beef patty had an extremely intense beefy flavor but this burger was doomed from the start.

The Jeros Bacon Cheeseburger
On this day, Cornucopia made me a very average burger, and paying a little more attention to the grilling process could have made it great...add the $12.50 price tag (albeit including fries) Cornocopia isn't a bargain either. Well...I guess my search still continues for finding even the best burger in Eugene, let alone the rest of the world.

Aburgeraday rating- 6/10

Cornucopia Bar & Burgers on Urbanspoon

Reading my blog? post a comment below and let me know where you are from!


1 comment:

  1. If you’re looking for a delicious and convenient fast food option, Wendy’s has plenty of choices to offer. From classic hamburgers to salads and snacks, wendy's full menuprovides a range of options for customers.

    ReplyDelete